Vancouver’s Most Influential Videographer
In addition to his award winning work at SLV Live, Shawn Lam is one of the most sought-after and influential video production experts in North America.
His contributions to video industry publications, including feature articles and product reviews, have made Shawn Lam a recognized name in the video production community. Shawn has also spoken on numerous occasions at video industry conferences and acted as a video journalist and video delegate at international video trade shows.
Shawn Lam’s professional accreditation as a Merited Professional Videographer
Professionally Accredited Video Producer
Shawn Lam is a professionally accredited video producer. His professional affiliations and awards include:
- 2017 Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce Small Business Award 1-10 Employees.
- 7 term President of the BCPVA (BC Professional Videographer’s Association).
- 2016 finalist for the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce Small Business Award.
- 2015 nominee for the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce Small Business Award.
- 2015 finalist and honourable mention for the Port Coquitlam PoCo best in Biz Award for Small Business.
- 2013 Port Coquitlam PoCo Best in Biz Award for home based business.
- 2010 Bronze Creative Excellence Award for Theatrical Productions at WEVA Expo 2010, in Orlando, Florida.
- 2009 BCPVA Distinguished Service Award for contributions to the event video industry.
- 2008 Silver Creative Excellence Award for Theatrical Productions at WEVA Expo 2008, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- 2008 Emerald Artistic Achievement Award for Stage Productions at the Video ’08 Conference in Orlando, Florida.
- 2005 Shawn Merited Professional Videographer designation (MPV) from WEVA International. The MPV accreditation is awarded to video professionals who demonstrate their abilities by passing written examinations and video image evaluations; and regularly update their professional skills, both in conceptual and practical performance.
Business and Video Production Industry Success and Contributions
A successful entrepreneur and business coach, Shawn started his first full time business in 1995 and entered the video industry in 2001. He is a wealth of information and inspiration for young entrepreneurs and video professionals alike.
He has played an active mentorship role in dozens of small businesses and is often asked to speak to business groups on the subject of entrepreneurship, business strategy, and video production. In September 2008 Shawn joined the staff at the British Columbia Institute of Technology as an instructor for the FilmFLEX program’s Business Plan course. He taught there for two years.
Shawn is a columnist, product reviewer, and contributing editor for Streaming Media Producer. He has also written, blogged, and created videos for Streaming Media Producer and EventDV Magazine.